Most cookies have flour, sugar and butter (or other oils) but these Great Pumpkin Cookies have some really nice fall ingredient-treats. What represents fall better than pumpkin, oatmeal, cinnamon, raisins? Really!
You can also vary the ingredients to fit your pantry or preferences. Use either Quick or Old Fashioned oats. Pecans, cashews, almonds or walnuts are fine. Raisins or dried cranberries. See where I’m going? Make it your own!
So try this out, and let me know what you think! Maybe I just love cookies so much that I can’t judge any more. Nah, I don’t think so.
The Great Pumpkin Cookie!
Adapted from “The Great Pumpkin Cookie” by Libbys
Makes: 20 cookies (1/4 cup each) or 40 (2 Tb each)
2 cups (240g) Unbleached All Purpose Flour
1 1/3 Cups (122g) Old Fashioned Oats
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Salt
1 cup (227g) Butter, unsalted, room temperature
1 cup (214g) Brown Sugar, packed
1 cup (198g) Granulated sugar
1 cup (240g) Pumpkin puree
1 Large egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
¾ cup (99g) Chopped Walnuts
¾ cup (120g) Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line sheet pans with parchment or with a silpat cookie mat.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and sift.
- Add oats to flour mixture.
- Beat white and brown sugars in mixer to break any brown sugar lumps
- Add the butter and cream on low for 30 sec, scrape bowl, then cream on 4 for 30 sec.
- Add pumpkin, egg, vanilla and water (water in Washoe only) and blend.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Drop (1/4 cup for large, 3” cookies; 1/8 cup for ‘normal”) onto parchment covered baking sheet.