Yep, I am guilty right now of dreaming big about Dancing Bee Baking, but certainly not of thinking of what’s the best that could happen, as anyone who knows me well will attest.
There’s lots of support out there for people starting businesses as well as books on starting Cottage Food businesses. I have lots (LOTS) of support from my husband, family and friends. The SBA, SCORE and The Business of Baking all offer advice, classes and suggestions, but my challenge is in organizing my time well.
What’s most important today ? What’s the most important next step? And the one after that?
Oops, I’m blogging at the moment. Is that the best use of my time?
There’s so much yet to do to get Dancing Bee Baking off the ground:
- Hone my decorating skills;
- Cost out and price my products;
- Add decorative touches to each item;
- Complete business planning;
- Prepare all my ingredient labels (including the ingredients in the ingredients ) for all 30 of my start up products;
- Finish my website design;
- Complete Dancing Bee packaging plans;
- Create a brochure or flyer;
- Plan my marketing campaign;
- Try all the recipes in my “Must Try” folder (this is the fun part!);
- Bake for friends (this is the funnest part!).
Well, I suspect you see my point by now.
I have a deadline…I’ve placed an ad in the score card for a popular golf course near-by starting in September. The course sees a lot of traffic and a lot of the people who use the course fit my target market. Worst thing would be if I get a call when the ad hits and can’t fill the order because I haven’t prioritized right now. In spite of my husband’s urging!
What’s the best that could happen? Yes! Business growth and success.
Today’s affirmation: Think of the best that could happen and prioritize to make it happen. Yes, let’s go!