Chef Guarnaschelli said “Sometimes you just gotta sign the painting” to discuss a dish that had too many flavors and the cook should have stopped adding things much sooner.
But this seems to relate really well to Dancing Bee Baking as well. How long am I going to add layers to the planning and preparation? How many cookies do I need finalized before I open? Have I muddied the “flavor” of the business with all this planning?
Of course, there are a few other ways to say the same thing. “Fish or cut bait” is one, “s…or get off the pot” is another. Or, in my case: When are you going to open the bakery already? Which leads me to this- I can’t really believe I’m telling you this, but, cross my fingers, Dancing Bee Baking is just about ready to formally open! Oh, gosh, my neck is out there, way out there!
So I’m here to tell you: Dancing Bee Baking is ready for business. Planning has progressed and now business can start. Well, soon, anyway.
1. Chamber of Commerce. I’ve signed up and will attend my first meeting on August 8. Thus starts the sell-sell-selling part of this business!
2. September Cookie Bash Grand Opening on September 10. Want an invitation? Use the comment form to let me know, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Pushing flyers, business cards and other info out every place I can find to put them in my sales area. Ideas? I’d love them, share with me please!
4. Better get tax advice in Nevada!
5. Oh, I forgot: Have fun! Yes, this is about fun, meeting people, adding sweetness to their days.
If you’re my friends, family and readers who’re not in Nevada, wish me luck, ok? You’ve all been extremely supportive and helpful and I wouldn’t be here without you!
If you’re here in Northern Nevada, I’d love to hear from you. Send me your thoughts with the comment form on the blog or by e-mailing me at email@example.com.
Have a cookie great weekend,